5 new rules for a trim lifestyle.
1) Stay physically active. This means get your buns off the couch and stop watching so much darned TV. Quit taking the elevator or escalator. Quit living your life trying to conserve energy by exerting less. Just… quit being lazy !
2) Quit skipping breakfast. The first meal of the day sets the tone of your metabolisms. When you skip it you could very well be causing your metabolism to drop as much as 50% for the rest of the day. This could very well explain why so many people still seem gain fat even though they consume one 500 meal at the end of the day)
3) Always be mindful of what you ingest at all times; much like budgeting your money and being mindful of your spending. By not paying attention to what & how you spend money, you could be left broke before your next paycheck, and this is not much different than being unmindful of your dietary actions or “eating whatever you want”, or whenever it feels convenient for you, etc. This could lead to you gaining unwanted and unsightly body fat. It’s imperative that you plan out all your meals in advance, always be aware of what you are consuming and as well as how much, and never ever eat mindlessly. The Autopilot Diet WILL make you fat and quite possibly, miserable.
4) Stop with the “fad dieting” (those so called “secret” “revolutionary” etc. Bullsh*t type… they don’t work, at least in the long run). These Fad diets guarantee your lack of success because there is no money in making you thin permanently. As long as you keep getting fat again, there will always be a market for a new “magic pill” or “revolutionary diet” and thus more money for the sellers of these pills and potions because they know you will quit or not succeed then hunt down the next temporary fix. Which they will cheerfully offer you again and again and again! Many of these pills, potions and diets are the same ones being recycled with a new name and/or label.
5) Be realistic about your wants and goals. Do not for a single second think that being fit & trim guarantees happiness. If this were the case, anorexics would be happier people in the country.